Conductor Technologies is building the next generation cloud-platform - leading the transition from in-house infrastructure to cloud-based, infinitely scalable and on-demand resource provision for the Media & Entertainment Industry. Conductor meets the compute-intensive and highly dynamic needs of its customers by integrating common workflows and the most widely used 2D & 3D tools with massively scalable and robust cloud infrastructure.
To meet increasing business demands, Conductor Technologies is looking for a talented and enthusiastic experienced QA Lead to join the team and help propel the company to the next level of awesomeness. If you fit the skills outlined below, enjoy working with smart and creative people who love what they do, and are excited by the opportunity to change the way an entire industry functions, let us hear from you!
The successful candidate will have a passion for providing an excellent quality experience for our customers. S/he will be tasked with building our nascent QA processes into a robust organization that will support company and product growth, and make other companies jealous!
- Serve as the gatekeeper for production environments. You shouldn't be afraid to use your QA VETO when it's warranted.
- Develop a QA strategy that fits the objectives and culture of Conductor
- Design, develop and oversee the execution of test plans, as well as manual and automated testing
- Build, lead, mentor and inspire a high-performance QA team
- Translate product features into test plans and implement test cases in the appropriate frameworks
- Manage the escalation of QA issues to the Conductor development team, ensuring critical issues are expedited and resolved prior to the release of new software versions or features
- Setup automated testing, or provide instructions on how to run tests to the development team
- Record defects and verify fixes provided by the development team
- Support the move towards continuous deployment in the areas in which it has not yet been executed
- Develop, maintain and drive improvements to the existing automation and functional processes to ensure consistency and quality of releases
- Generate and promote quality testing initiatives and increase effectiveness of testing cycles
- Produce well written descriptions of test coverage, metrics, procedures and results for different audiences
- Configure and maintain testing environments
- Ensure that documentation for Conductor software code is up to date and relevant
- Work closely with the Support Lead and other members of the product team to understand customer needs and issues, using that knowledge to continually improve product quality
- Team player happy to wear many hats, and excited about participating in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years supporting technical products, both professional and consumer
- 5+ years of relevant experience in QA role, creating test plans, defining and implementing test cases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of authoring complex automation frameworks
- Ability to build and lead a team.
- Experience in testing large distributed high traffic web environments
- Experience in testing RESTful API's
- Strong UNIX experience
- Strong Python experience
- Previous experience in testing backend systems, including database changes, API-level changes, etc.
- A background working with post-production and media customers, and an understanding of production workflows
- Working knowledge of at least one automated Web testing platform (e.g. Selenium)
- Working knowledge of at least one automated application testing platform (e.g. TestObject)
- 3+ years of experience with an issue and task management system (e.g. JIRA)
- Exposure to media authoring and rendering tools such as Maya, Katana, Arnold, Renderman